Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Bulletin Board Upgrades

It seems like every time I walk into any thrift store, there is at least 3 or 4 bulletin boards or memory boards that are just crying out for a makeover.  And when they price them at $1 or $2 each, it's hard to pass them up.




As you can see, I have some work to do (and obviously I need to stop buying bulletin boards for awhile).

I did get two of them done...



A little fabric, some velvet ribbon and push pins from the clearance aisle at Wal-mart.  What a difference!


This bulletin board was in pretty good shape, but I wanted to spruce it up a bit.  I cut out a few stencils on contact paper with my Cricut and painted the designs on with craft paint.  My niece was really excited with end result.  And the color was perfect (this picture was taken in her room where the walls and the bedding are both turquoise)!





 
 











No comments:

Post a Comment