Monday, July 18, 2011

Ballard Inspired Dog Food Container and a sneak peek...

I saw this great dog food container in the Ballard Designs catalog months ago and have been wanting to make one ever since.

The only problem was I couldn't find the right tin to use.  I looked everywhere I could think of...and nothing!  Then while visiting Sacramento, I went to IKEA (because you can't go to a city with an IKEA and not go shopping there)...and what do you know...they had just the perfect container that I had been looking for.



I couldn't wait to get this home and personalize it...


Less than an hour with my Cricut and I had all the letters cut out and ready to apply.
Applying the letters, on the other hand, took longer than I expected. 

It is tricky lining up each row on a curved surface.  And if you really inspected it, it isn't perfect. But, after several attempts of placing some of the words, I can live with a little imperfection.







I just love how it turned out and it is the perfect size to hold the 40 lb. bag of dog food.
Plus, it only cost me $30 to make the whole thing!!

Oh, and I almost forgot the sneak peek...


My mom and I had gotten to a point where we had purchased more furniture than we could keep up with.  Too many projects, too little time.  You know what that's like, right?
So, we made a pact.  No furniture for a month. 

Then we stumbled upon this adorable french provential desk at Goodwill for $15.  I think we both looked at each other at the same time thinking how we can talk the other person into an exception of our newly formed pact.  We just couldn't pass it up.

A few coats of paint and some new knobs for the drawers is going to make a world of difference.

Check back soon to see how she turns out!


UndertheTableandDreaming


Todays Creative Blog



1 comment:

  1. I love love love this...I've been looking for some ispiration for storing my pooch's food, this is so practical yet gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete