Saturday, July 30, 2011

A New Slipcover, Phase One



I bought this couch 6 years ago at a consignment shop.  It's nothing too exciting, but it is a great couch. Unfortunately, over the years, my dogs have really done a number on it's appearance.




{...and these are the clean sides of the cushions}

So, it is time to change things up a bit...


Yes, a white slipcover.  I know, I know, you have seen hundreds of these.  Even though it's nothing new and exciting, I just had to share a bit of this journey.  The cushion covers aren't finished yet and the skirt needs to be hemmed, but I am so excited about the direction this is headed.  Less than half way done and it already changes the feel of the room.

I can't wait to get this finished and finally have a couch that I like again.

Check back for phase two very soon!!





No comments:

Post a Comment