Monday, October 10, 2011

A Fruit Bowl...or is it?

For years I had this oversized black wrought iron bowl sitting on my counter.  I filled it with fruit from time to time, but never really loved it.  It was too big and just didn't seem like a good fit in my kitchen.  I would show you a picture, but I have already gotten rid of it.

Luckily, I stumbled upon this great wooden salad bowl set while browsing Goodwill one day and had the perfect idea of what to do with it.

A new fruit bowl...




The softness of the colors and the smaller scale are just what I was wanting.

This was such a quick project.  A few coats of light turquoise spray paint on a short chunky candlestick and a few drops of hot glue to hold the bowl and stand together.

I love how it turned out.  Now I just have to figure out what I am going to do with the four smaller serving bowls...but, we shall save that for another day.


http://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com/search/label/the%20Cure%20for%20the%20Common%20Monday






1 comment:

  1. Hey, that turned out really cute! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete