Wednesday, March 14, 2012

GF DF Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread

When I decided to go gluten free at the beginning of the year, I was a little apprehensive.  Luckily, there are so many great resources available.  It has been a lot easier than I anticipated.  
I have a bit of a sweet tooth (meaning I don't think I can survive the day without some sugary treat / snack / dessert in my daily menu)  My biggest fear was missing out on all the yummy stuff, but not anymore.


I found this great gluten free all purpose flour at one of the local grocery stores in Kansas City and you can't tell a difference.  Now my new favorite thing to make is Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread.  Plus my 5 year old nephew couldn't get enough of it, so it is definitely kid approved!


Recipe

Ingredients:

3 ripe bananas
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup canola oil
1 egg
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups all purpose gluten free flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup dairy free chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli chips)

Directions:

Grease a loaf pan with shortening.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.  Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, mix together bananas, peanut butter, oil, eggs, sugar and brown sugar.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients slowly.  Mix until just combined.
Add chocolate chips and mix in.
Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes then cool on a rack.
Enjoy!














ThriftyThursdayModernButton1 Thrifty Thursday Week 66

 

No comments:

Post a Comment