Thursday, January 26, 2012

Last Name Wall Art

I am one of those people who loves giving gifts.  I love it!  I love to really think about what someone might want or appreciate.  I love to see their reaction when they open it.  I love to design/create something unique that you can't find at the store. I just love everything about it! I love it!

I knew when I saw this tutorial from Full of Great Ideas that I had to make one and I knew exactly who I wanted to make it for...my parents.  Their anniversary is on Christmas Eve.  This means that even if I don't draw either one of their names at Christmas, I still get to give them a gift without breaking the rules.

After searching (and searching and searching) through all of the letters, I finally decided on a good mix of colors and designs that I knew they would like.  It was pretty quick and easy to create the design.  

Plus, I totally lucked out and came across this great frame at an antique mall.  It was originally a picture of a shoe and I only paid $12.  That's right...I said $12.



All that was left to do was print the design.  But for some reason I couldn't get my act together and get that part done.  Next thing I knew it was Dec. 21st and I hadn't done a thing yet.  So, without taking the time to check out the prices at all the different places I could have it printed, I rushed down to Kinkos and just went for it.  I am sure I could have done this cheaper, but I didn't have the time.  There was only 3 days left to get it printed and in the frame.  But, I don't regret it.  I turned out just as I had imagined.  I was thrilled with the final result.  

And more importantly, so were mom and dad!!




shabby creek cottage


ThriftyThurs Thrifty Thursday Week 59








Stuff and Nonsense

vif187



1 comment:

  1. I am so lucky to have received this gift! You are the greatest!

    ReplyDelete