Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Slowly Recovering...

I had such a jam packed weekend, that I think I am going to need a full week to recover...

Saturday, I headed to my niece's soccer game (an hour away from where I live) to watch her guard the goal.  I don't know if I would really call that guarding since it was not an even match up and she spent most of the game watching her team play soccer at the other end of the field.  But, despite that, it was fun to go watch her and her team play and to spend a few minutes with her after the game.  Then, my mother and I headed to an estate sale (because we can't help ourselves) and discovered the most beautiful dinner table with seven chairs!!  It took the rest of that day and half of Sunday to convince ourselves we didn't need to buy it.  But, if it would have fit in my car...it would have come home with us.  I am still feeling a little remorseful that we didn't just break down and buy it. 

Sunday, I helped my mother with a parking lot flea market sale hosted by the antique store where she has a booth.  It was soooooo HOT!!!  I was already a tiny bit sunburned from the soccer game on Saturday and despite the fact that I was covered in sunscreen, I am now a whole lot sunburned from spending the day outside.  Not quite sure it was worth it.  A whole day in the sun, burnt to a crisp and we certainly didn't make enough money to justify the whole thing.  I don't know how you garage salers do it.  What a frustrating thing to deal with.  I would rather just give it all to Good Will or the Salvation Army and go shopping instead.

Monday (Ok, I know Monday is not technically a weekend day...but it kind of is for me), my mom, nephew Connor and I headed to the zoo to meet up with my sister-in-law and two more of my nephews, Charlie and George.  We got to the zoo around 9:30 in the morning and it was already 85 degrees.  By the time we left two hours later, it had to be in the low 90s.  That's all I needed to top off my sunburn.  Plus, my nephews were a little disappointed that some of the animals were hiding under the shade and we couldn't see them.  It was still a pretty successful trip.  Lots of fun and all three of them were so well behaved.  The only thing that would have made it better is if the concessions had been open.  I guess the zoo employees figured if we weren't smart enough to bring our own supply of ice cold drinks, then that was our problem.  Seriously?!? 

So, now I am exhausted with no time to rest...Seriously (she says as she lets out a sigh and shakes her head in dismay)!

No comments:

Post a Comment