Friday, April 8, 2011

Table: 1 Jenni: 0

A year ago I stashed this little side table in my garage because I didn't know what to do with it.  It has a formica top and at the time I didn't know how to deal with that (now I know better).  It wasn't anything ornate details or character.  It was just an old table that used to be in the waiting room of my parent's dental office.

Finally, I decided to mod podge it with sheet music and give it a little character. 

I covered the top and the legs, but it didn't seem to be working.  It was bumpy and the pages were too thick.  It just didn't feel right.  I tried sanding a little on the top and instead I ripped a few pages. 

I decided to finish covering the whole table and then I would worry about the texture and fix the problems later (aaahhhh...wrong...bad idea).  I got about 90% of the table covered and as I was trimming back some of the paper, I cut it too short. 

That was it.

The straw that broke the camels back.

I just started ripping all the paper off.

Now it is back to the boring table I started with and it is going back in the garage while I move on to another project for awhile.


1 comment:

  1. Oh and it was going to look so cute :(
    Next time I'm sure you will win.