Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Recycle, Recycle, Restyle

I live in a split level house and the kitchen is upstairs and the garage is in the basement.  So, I used to have this tacky set of plastic bins in my kitchen to hold all my recycling so I wouldn't have to run down to the garage every time I had something to put in the recycle bin. 


Finally, I got sick of looking at it and decided it was time for a new bin that was a little more stylish.  Well, maybe stylish isn't the right word, but I like to think it is.


I wanted this to have a worn look to it, so when I painted it black I was sure to leave a few areas lighter than the rest.  After I stenciled "RECYCLE" on the side, I sanded over it a few times to roughen it up a bit.



I love how it turned out and it is just the perfect size.  I use it all the time.  Now the only problem I have is that since it is so low to the ground, the dog is always curious about the things I put it in.  She hasn't pulled anything out just yet, so hopefully she will continue to leave it alone.




CreativeShareWednesdays
 
 

2 comments:

  1. This is a cool Idea!!! Looks great and is not only for decoration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stylish is the perfect word. :0 This looks great. Visiting via your mama whom I have followed for quite a while. I had mentioned my daughter, who also blogs, in my most recent post and your mom let me know about you. Then I saw the shout out to you in her blog today. So glad to have found you. Creativity certainly runs in your family.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete